2006 BMW 325i or 2008 Honda Accord EX?

willLEEum

Jan 27, 2011
Given the fact that the Accord will probably save more gas than the BMW, I need help establishing my decision.
Both cost the same price and I will be doing a down payment for one of these cars. However, I've been told that maintenance for the BMW is killer. The BMW has 80k miles and the Accord has 30k miles, so if I got the BMW, what would be typical things I'd need to do to maintain it aside from oil changes? How much does it cost on average a year to maintain a BMW? I'm currently a student and a part time worker so doing down payments won't be a problem, as well as paying for gas.

I can live with either, but obviously it feels nicer to drive a BMW, right?
Thanks for all of your advice, I'll probably test drive both to see how the ride is. Also, how often is maintenance due?

It all depends on if you wanna look good riding the car and if you got the money to support it maintenance wise.

The Bimmer is due for a timing belt replacement soon. They ain't cheap. Typical visit for a tune up and scheduled maintenance is around $500 for the BMW, about half that for the Honda.

As far as "feels nicer", I don't agree...the 325i is an entry level model and the Accord is not. The Accord is a fantastic drive, the 325i is underpowered and doesn't compare in terms of handling. You pay for the name and don't get a car.

The BMW obviously would feel nicer to drive and make you feel more "up there". But the best between the two would be the Accord. It has less miles, maintenance is cheaper, gas mileage is better and Honda's will run forever if properly maintained. BMW's may be the nicer option, but which is wisest?

The BMW obviously would feel nicer to drive and make you feel more "up there". But the best between the two would be the Accord. It has less miles, maintenance is cheaper, gas mileage is better and Honda's will run forever if properly maintained. BMW's may be the nicer option, but which is wisest?

Back