2002 Saab 95 Aero check engine light and transmission light on?

sargent0923

Nov 4, 2008
Car goes into limp home mode about 50 miles after resetting codes in computer. Check engine light comes on at same time. I have replaced the Air Mass Meter and I am debating about the Neutral Safety Switch. Do you think the $569 neutral safety switch will solve my problem? It also will not start after the lights come on dash only if turned off. It will run if I don't turn it off. Help???

The best thing to do at this point would be to take it to an independent saab mechanic. They know what they are doing when working with Saabs, and they are a lot cheaper than the dealers (who surprisingly don't know that much about Saabs). Once you find out what the actual problem is, you can decide if you want to try and fix it yourself.

They can use their Tech 2 scanner to read the codes that your engine is crying about. You could just go to Autozone and find out what the check engine light is about, but it probably won't tell you anything about the transmission problem.

The link below describes how to bypass the NSS to see if that is the problem, but that's a pretty rare problem. (and $569 seems a little outrageous, even if it includes labor...)

Back