2002 Chevy Truck Problem?

Cory

May 13, 2008
I have a 2002 1500 silverado, and when it gets cold it idles real rough. the whole truck shakes its idling so rough. it about died twice the other morning when i cranked it up. the service engine soon light came on and i went to autozone and the said it was detecting a misfire within the motor that why the service engine soon light came on. after it warms up it is fine. it only does it when it gets really cold. my dad has a 2001 1500 and his dont do it, so why is mine? what could be the problem? thank you

Change the plugs and i dont remember if those have cap and rotors or coils on each cylinder if it has the cap and rotor change that first before the plugs if that does not work change the plugs and the wires.

check your spark plug leads. you might need to change one of your spark plugs
if that doesnt work try turning down the revs on the engine.
my car does the same thing, bs automatic chokes lol

Change the plugs and i dont remember if those have cap and rotors or coils on each cylinder if it has the cap and rotor change that first before the plugs if that does not work change the plugs and the wires.

There should be a hose about 1-1/2 to 2 inch diameter tube coming off your exhaust manifold to your air cleaner housing that heats the intake air, if missing or if aftermarket air cleaner housing you may get that problem.

There should be a hose about 1-1/2 to 2 inch diameter tube coming off your exhaust manifold to your air cleaner housing that heats the intake air, if missing or if aftermarket air cleaner housing you may get that problem.

Back