2000 Nissan Maxima car problems?

RichardM

May 20, 2008
This actually isn't what i was wanting to ask but i forgot what i wanted to ask. The reason my explaining this was i had hopes of remembering what i forgot but i didn't. So as long as i'm here i do have questions about my year 2000 Nissan maxima. I just replaced the mass air flow sensor. I'm guessing i have to have it reprogrammed. Though i sense a major difference and the horse power seems to have returned but it also seems a little lack luster still. Is this because of the reprogramming? Also, i think my Oxygen sensors may be bad. how do i test them? Hopefully i can just clean them, but doubtful. Also I just bought an engine for my car as well and had it put it. the mechanics said the new engine had extra hoses the last one didn't have, and just plugged them up. Dad took a look and said they were stupid. so the two hoses that were plugged up, dad unplugged them and got an attachment and attached them together. I'm worried about this very much. dad's good, but i don't know if he's right this time. I need a really good vacuum diagram. The first hose comes from the left top(ish) of the motor and the other comes from the right side bottom(ish) and are now attached together. I need to confirm this is right. They may be what's causing the new noise that's worrying me, but the new mass air flow sensor could also be doing that.

Also The new engine is a used california emisson motor. but the car and old motor were federal emission.(only found out how to tell after i got the motor installed) i don't know how much of a difference there is. Also I have had a computer diagnostics on it. about four problems showed up. then i asked him about those vacuum hoses and he said a vacuum problem would cause the errors that showed up. So hopefully it'll be an easy fix. any info would be of great help. Thanks for reading and considering my question!!

Back