1999 buick regal stalled and wont start.?

zebj25

Jul 22, 2008
Ok here's the deal. I have a 1999 buick regal with a 3.8 liter non supercharged engine. Here are my symptoms and what I've done so far:

-Engine turns and intermittently wants to fire but doesnt. But mostly just turns over
-I have good spark on all 6
-I have good injector pulse
-I show a fuel pressure of about 50 psi
I have replaced coil packs and module, crankshaft position sensor, wires. I also replaced the fuel filter which was plugged almost solid.

In the beginning it died while driving. It started misfiring badly and wouldnt restart. Now I'm here trying to figure out my problem. I'm almost thinking fuel pump, but I cant seem to find the proper psi online. And I dont want to make a 300 dollar guess.

Also, the only codes I was showing was po300, multiple cylinder misfires....as if I needed a computer to tell me that. LOL

Thanks for the help
Plugs are new

Have you sprayed some starting fluid in the intake to see if it starts? what about the spark plugs?camshaft sensor.

I had a misfire on my 1999 Pontiac Firebird, and i replaced the spark plug, but it cracked when i put it in, so it was still misfiring. If the code is showing misfiring it is most likely your spark plugs, make sure also that all your spark plugs are the same kind of material used, because if you have different spark plugs in, then they wont work right, and will f.uck your engine.

I suggest taking another look at your spark plugs.

Like I said, I replaced mine, but it cracked when I put it in, so i was having a tough time figuring out the problem, until i took it back out and saw it broken, you might have snapped some when you replaced them (if you did replace them).

Back