1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee Won't Start?

RB

May 22, 2008
Unlock drivers door alarm goes off. I opened the door, grounded the purple and yellow wire in the kickpanel and alarm seems like it shuts off. (No flashing head lights, no horn, no security light) I turn on the ignition, and after about 8 seconds the security light comes on solid. There is no check engine light. If I leave the ignition on, for about 15 minutes, the security light goes off and the check engine light starts to flicker, and the auto shut down relay clicks at the same time as the engine light flashes. It's starts out slow, then speeds up until the auto shut down relay stops clicking, and the check engine light stays solid. The engine will now run. If I turn the ignition to the off position, for about 2 minutes, the auto shut down relay is still energized and the check engine light is still solid. If I turn the ignition to off position, for 5 minutes or more, when I turn the ignition to the on position, after about 8 seconds security light turns on solid, and there is no check engine light. Engine won't start.
PCM not getting any permission to power up auto shut down, relay, fuel pump relay, coil. After leaving ignition on for 15 - 20 minutes security light goes out, check engine light starts to flicker at the same time auto shut down relay is clicking. Auto shut down relay stops clicking and the engine light is solid the engine will start. Over and over and over.... WTF?? HELP!!

Back