1993 GMC 1500 4x4 350?

Brandel

Aug 17, 2011
i have a 1993 gmc 1500 with a 350 and its 4x4. i want to get better gas mileage out of it so i would like to know the best, cheapest way. i was recommended a programmer chip but i cant seem to find one, so inputs would be well appreciated.
yeah it is a great truck, extended cab short bed, lifted 9 inches (6 suspension 3 body) on 35s, gets around 14mpg, but people told me a chip will get it about17 18 mpg

new 02 and air filter and ac delco spark plugs will go a long way to returning it to factory fuel mileage

its a 4x4 truck, you cant expect it to be great on fuel mileage

thats just how it is.

you should have a car on the side to drive when you dont need the truck if you need to save fuel costs that much

First, a GMC 1500 4x4 with a 350? Thats a good truck, that's a work truck, and probably has some power behind it too. A chip isn't worth it, it costs to much money, and will have little effect, For better gas mileage. But here are some tips to get better gas mileage, for free.

- Change oil regularly, dirty oil, requires the engine to work harder, harder it works, more gas it uses.
- Keep your engine tuned up, a well-tuned vehicle can give a decent increase to gas mileage.
- Clean your air filter, also flip the top cover on top of the air filter, upside down, allows more air flow, and will increase your gas mileage and power.
- Keep your tires at solid tire pressure levels.

Simple things like this, can give you up to about a 20% increase in gas mileage

Back