1990 Honda Accord Distributor, Crank Sensor or Something Else?

shanell411

Jul 23, 2008
need some good sound advice on what to do with my 1990 Honda Accord LX. For the most part it is a very nice car but I have been having a problem with the car for a long time. The problem is that it want crank up and start unless I get some type of boost or jump from another car. It has a new battery and has new spark plugs and had the alternator and starter checked. The other car jumping my car also needs to be a rather large car or truck with a big battery. Smaller cars tend not to start my car up. When I turn my car on it will turn over and lights and etc. will come on but it will not start. I took it to two mechanics and one said that it was the whole distributor system and the other said that it sounded like it was the crank sensor. I have heard that it might be the whole distributor system from another mechanic also. Once it gets started it will run and go. It just needs help getting fire.I use to be able to use a portable battery jumper to get it started but it want work now.
Also, I wanted to add that my radio went out on car awhile back. Don't know what happen but it just stopped working. But occassionally if I have the radio in the on position it will start and play for a little bit and then just go out again.I was just thinking that this may be some useful info to know. I do not have alot of money to spend to replace one thing after another. So could mecahnics and people with my problem before give me some serious advice on what it may be so that I can ponder what to do about it. Thanks.

Back