02 Dodge Grand Caravan overheated than shut off. Trying to fix myself-I'm...

tay

May 15, 2008
...broke with 3 kids-Please help? A few months ago I was driving down the hwy and I already had a damaged radiator, foolishly I just kept filling it w/water, I woke up one morning and decided to drive somewhere and forgot to put water in the radiator. After driving about 10 mins, the car overheated,so I slowed down to pull off the exit ramp, and the vehicle calmly and quietly just shut down on me.I coasted the vhcle into a parking lot and parked it.I looked under the hood, and there was smoke coming out of the front valve cover,after towing home, I questioned several ppl,who had me check several things. I did have to replace the battery, there was no water in the oil, but the oil does have a slight gas smell. The engine turns over, but will not start. Does anyone have any suggestions of what it might be? I have 3 children and no money, and this is my only vehicle, I just started school to become a mechanic so I'm familiar with vehicles, but not far enough too diagnose the problem. I'm trying to fix it myself due to financial reasons. Please help! ps-we just purchased the car 6 months before this happened, the radiator leak was the result of a minor accident that I was in. Its a 2002 Dodge Grand Caravan 6 cyl. 3.8 L engine. Thank you very much! -CARCLE R.

Back