01 Honda prelude or 89 Toyota supra?

CaMeRoN_15

Feb 11, 2009
I'm getting ready to get a new car, i have no credit yET and these are the cars i can afford, there both $6,000, $1000 down 200 a month, the supra has 60,000 miles on motor swaap jdm 7mge 5speed, runs great, prelude has 178.000 on stock h22a4 vtec dohc leak a little oil also 5speed. which car would you get and why?

I would say neither and this is why:
1. I wouldn't buy the Supra because it has a motor swap. Just sounds like bad news.
2. I wouldn't buy the Honda because it shouldn't be leaking oil with 178,000 miles on it. Sounds like it is a problem and someone is trying to pass it on to someone else.

I would try to find another Honda Prelude that is in better shape. Hope this helps.

I would get the prelude just because im a fan of honda. I drive a 92 Integra and hondas are very dependable and pretty cheap to fix and i know how to fix them and a lot of people know how to fix them. i dont really know much about supra but they are pretty expensive to work on in the long run you are probably better off with the Lude because you can replace the whole motor and tranny in it with one from japan for under $1500. HOWEVER the supra will be faster but you can make the prelude faster. the prelude will also handle better UNLESS the suspension has been fucked with if it has all factory suspension then go with the prelude.

Back