What can I put in a food parcel/packing for people going hiking and camping?

blingblinged

Mar 5, 2009
I’ve promised three of my friends that I will make them 'food packages' for when they go hiking and camping for Duke Of Edinburgh's. I’m for making almost anything from scratch but don't know what to put in them. I could make cookies and biscuits but that wont be much good on there own. I don't really want to put boring things like sandwiches and crisps in because I want to show I've really made an effort but I don't want to make really freaky things nobody will like either. Also nothing that I make must be able to go off quickly as they will be hiking all day and I think their gone all weekend. Also the parcel can’t be too big because they will have to carry it as well as personal belongings. I would really appreciate some ideas of what to put in the package/parcel.

Make A "trail Mix", Granola With Nuts And Dried Fruit. Beef Jerky Or Fresh Fruit Thats "sturdy" Apple/ Oranges. Also Tins Of Meat That They Can Heat Up In Evening

Well, I think if they are hiking they will need food that will give them good energy and sustain them on the trip. Beef Jerky might be a good idea. It can be filling, its tasty, and has good amount of protein. Also maybe some granola bars with lots of whole grains and fruit, but low on sugar. The fruit and grains will give them the energy they need, and because of the low sugar they wont crash later.
Good luck and have fun!!

Well, I think if they are hiking they will need food that will give them good energy and sustain them on the trip. Beef Jerky might be a good idea. It can be filling, its tasty, and has good amount of protein. Also maybe some granola bars with lots of whole grains and fruit, but low on sugar. The fruit and grains will give them the energy they need, and because of the low sugar they wont crash later.
Good luck and have fun!!

Beef jerky is perfect for camping. Make your own trail mix: dry-roasted peanuts and/or almonds, dried fruit bits, Craisins, yogurt covered raisins. You could make some savory scones (cheese and herbs); licorice will travel well and give them quick energy (not alot of fat either)

Back