is it normal for a bike to make a slight clicking noise/sensation when the

TylerP

May 18, 2008
I think so it's the gears clicking against eachother or something Trying not to be mean but don't most guys no that? Im not a bike person but i know that even thoough it might be wrong!

petals rotate? my last bike did it... it was a peice o crap. my new bike does it but barely... its not very noticeable but i was wondering is that normal and what the hell is it

Yes, usually it does make a slight noise. I suppose the better the bike is, the softer the noise. The noise is probably from the spools in the wheels going round and round.

this can be a few things, starting with the crankset is too tight. many other possibilities, need more info.

btw, it's not normal and you should be able to find the cause and fix it. and 'petals' refers to flowers, you're looking for 'pedals'.

Hahaha. I have the same problem. It scares me when I ride, and I don't wear a helmet either. It could be anything from the chain being off to a crooked pedal or bent kick-stand. Have it checked out at a local bike supplier if you're too freaked out. I ride mine anyway. Cross you're fingers it doesn't break apart on me....

yes if you have a normal bike that you can spin the pedals backwards and it makes the clicking noise yes. my mountain bike and bmx bike does it.

Hahaha. I have the same problem. It scares me when I ride, and I don't wear a helmet either. It could be anything from the chain being off to a crooked pedal or bent kick-stand. Have it checked out at a local bike supplier if you're too freaked out. I ride mine anyway. Cross you're fingers it doesn't break apart on me....

Its pretty normal for an old bike. My bike does it because its old and the gears are all rusted. Im pretty sure it you oil the chain alittle the noise will go away. But im too laxy

No, it should feel smooth without any clicking sound or feeling. Take the bike back to the shop, the bottom bracket bearings need adjusted.

Yes this is fine my bike does this to. It's the thing that makes it so you can back pedal without killing you're self.

Back