Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+

Thread: What is DivX??

*~*Glamorous1750~*~

What is DivX??

Well actually...the prob. is that.....I got DivX...but how do I download free movies from it??? Like supposed...I wanted to download...Juno...or I-Robot...or something...how would I do that and get the full movie...not an review....the entire movie! I know that no one is on Yahoo Answers bc....well Super Bowl just started.....soooo...yea....aanyyyhoooo....soooo help please

Debi
    Try Limewire or any other similar sites maybe torrent sites, sorry I'm really out of date here but I have used it a lot in the past.

Mayor Adam West
    K-Lite is the best codex pack I've stumbled across. You can get downloads of it from windowsmediaplayer.com if you like.

As far as Divx the format goes it is an MP4 encryption first developed in conjunction with Circuit City for a new form of DVD in the late 90's. After the format failed CC sold it to Magnevox who used it to help create Tivo. Now, because of its low compression rate it is a commonly used file sharing format.

Gawrsh!
    Well...I think DivX is a movie format but I'm not sure.

But I'm going to recommend you use uTorrent to download free movies. The quality is great in almost every case, and it's absolutely free. The only downside is that it can take hours or days in most cases.

Gawrsh!
    Well...I think DivX is a movie format but I'm not sure.

But I'm going to recommend you use uTorrent to download free movies. The quality is great in almost every case, and it's absolutely free. The only downside is that it can take hours or days in most cases.