How long do you think until Blue-Ray replaces HD-DVD?

J

John K

Also, what is the life expenticence of reguler DVD video?

I think that Blu-Ray will replace HD-DVD completely by the end of this year or early 2009.

I've seen articles online saying that even though the prices of HD-DVD players have dropped and they are cheaper than Blu-Ray DVD players, it still hasn't made a difference. Blu-Ray is still outselling HD-DVD by a large margin.

I mean seriously, why would someone even buy a HD-DVD player even if it's cheaper when the majority of the major movie production companies don't support it and only support Blu-Ray. Blu-Ray is supported by 5 or 6 of the major movie production companies now, and just 2 movie production companies still support HD-DVD.

You really don't have to worry about regular DVD's, because Blu-Ray DVD players can play regular DVD's also. I'm not too sure how long standard DVD's will be sold though. I think that standard DVD will continue to be sold for about 2 or 3 more years probably.

It depends on a lot of thinks like if popular companies put their movies on blu-ray, how much blu-ray players cost, how much is their competion selling their product for(HD-DVD). The life expenticence of a regular DVD video should be forever if you take good care of it.

It depends on a lot of thinks like if popular companies put their movies on blu-ray, how much blu-ray players cost, how much is their competion selling their product for(HD-DVD). The life expenticence of a regular DVD video should be forever if you take good care of it.

Back