Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

What plug adapter is needed for Jamaica? It might be the same needed for the

US, but im not sure what that is!? Im going to Jamaica in 2 weeks from Britain and my hair straightner is a standard 3 pin plug, so what adapter would I need in order to be able to use it in Jamaica?

I heard it could be the same adapter used in the US, but i don't know what adapters are used in the US!

Help Please!

Thanx =)

Downloads
    Uploads
    they have electricity in jamaica?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Jamaica uses the same voltage and plug type as the United States.

You can buy generic "travel adapter" sets from places like Boots (and even Poundland), that have the correct adapters in them for loads of different countries - but...

(and it's a big but!)

...anything you plug into these adapters would have to be dual voltage or universal voltage if you wanted to use it in Jamaica, because Jamaica (like the USA) uses 110 volts whereas the UK is 240 volts.

Things like laptop power supplies and mobile phone chargers would be fine, but something like hair straightners might not be. Check the label on your straighteners to see if it'll work on 110v - on some models, there might be a switch that selects between 110v and 240v.