Why do people seem to idolize celebs who died young;many times as a result...

good question i admire james dean,he was reckless,maybe the accident he had was not his fault maybe it's the potential they had left in them or how sad we are when someone brings us great stuff like kurt cobain and it suddenly ends.i think they become legends.

There is a part of our psyche that identifies with the forlorn artist. Also their idolization might stem from fear of death or, if the artist was especially talented, a sadness from loss of artistic beauty.

probably because they were "amazing actors" or something and that's what caused them to go nuts

An early death adds a sense of mystique - I agree. I think it may be because their potential is never explored which adds to the fantasy.

The world likes to reflect off negative things. Why do you think we talk more about baseball players on steroids than hall of famers who did it the right way. Its just what the world likes to hear.

because it shows they were real people, not the fake wonderful lifes we think celebrities have. it shows they have flaws and aren't perfect like we thought.

If someone dies young it really impacts people because it goes against nature and it seems like such a waste.

People visualize others as growing old and dying, leaving a completed life behind them. When someone dies young it just seems like such a tragedy. A lot of times people immortalize others who have died by remembering them, so idolizing celebs is a way of immortalizing them, and making their wasted life worth something.

If they have talent it just seems like a even greater travesty, because they were given a gift and an ability to impact so many people. People also may be affected with the same amount of sadness or pain (probably even more) when someone they know dies young, but because an idol has so many more followers the impact seems greater.

Another thing is that drama sells!!! Magazines want to make money.... so it is a good idea to sell magazines that take about deaths. If they offend people all the better because this is going to generate more to write about and more money.

maybe because they lived life on the edge and lived it to the fullest. they could be a little smarter about it tho,

Because a lot of people can identify with someone in pain who is self-destructive.

A lot of people can identify with a misfit who isn't like everyone else.

That's my guess.

wether they are a celebrity or not, they still deserve to be remembered.

it draws more attention to them, and makes people realize they dont know what they have til its gone.

i have no idea, i wonder the same thing. its also not right that heath ledger keeps winning the awards pretty much because he died when there are other deserving actors who can actually enjoy the award.

Back