Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads
    the block perty much allows you to split the power source to the higher gauge cables used in amps. I'm not a fan of multiple amps, unless for competition, have you thought about bridging the subs.

Downloads
    Uploads

Adding a second sub to a car stereo?

Hey peoples. Here's the issue. I have currently a 12 inch Memphis sub powered by a 500/5 jl audio sub. I just bought another 12 inch Memphis and wondering how I should power it. All 5 channels are currently being used by speakers and sub. I don't know what a monoblock is, but someone told me that is how I should do it. Thanks in advance!! I would like to spend the least amount of money possible.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You can use the amp you have. If you have 2 4ohm subs, that will be a two ohm load (running parallel ) and the amp will have no problem. Unless you want to really push the subs, then go mono block 2ohm stable. Try to equal or slightly overpower the sub's combined RMS rating to maximize SPL and sound quality. Remember, its WAY better to slightly overpower your subs than to underpower them. Clipping is what kills subs.

Downloads
    Uploads
    the block perty much allows you to split the power source to the higher gauge cables used in amps. I'm not a fan of multiple amps, unless for competition, have you thought about bridging the subs.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't listen to these two. I sell memphis equipment. Leave the 5 channel to the small stuff. buy a monoblock amplifier. Monoblock means only one channel. wire your subs @ 2 ohms and your monoblock will be 2 ohm stable. Everyone needs multiple amps. The super clean amps for your highs and mids and then the monster to pound your woofers. There is no such thing as bridging your subs btw. You bridge the amplifier. You won't need to. It is already done for you in the monoblock.

Downloads
    Uploads
    What ever you do, just don't make your windows shake. That is soo annoyng when all you hear is boom rattle rattle boom rattle rattle.

Downloads
    Uploads
    What ever you do, just don't make your windows shake. That is soo annoyng when all you hear is boom rattle rattle boom rattle rattle.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads