How is it Jesus is the one to thank for beating someone down in the UFC?

themetalicone

Jan 12, 2009
Watching UFC 95 last night I heard Diego Sanchez thank Jesus for the win. A number of times I saw him sign the cross during the fight.

Does Jesus and God really find this kind of faith appropriate and does Jesus really help Diego pound the crap out of their opponent? And how does God/Jesus decide which faith based fighter wins? I can see it if Joe Daddy was a Devil worshiper, but I am pretty sure he is fairly holy roller too.

that's not abusing his name. its a sport. not anyone can just get in that ring and fight, you have to have skill and talent. and if he believes God has blessed him with the particular talent then leave it to him to think so.

Lots of people use the lords name in vain. I don't feel that it is appropriate for someone to thank the lord for that but what can you do.

Lots of people use the lords name in vain. I don't feel that it is appropriate for someone to thank the lord for that but what can you do.

Somehow it seems fitting: Christianity has been involved in more wars than all other religions put together.

I don't doubt, though, that Jesus would have been offended.

ugh. ppl can say what they want, but saying 'gd' has nothing on thanking God/Jesus/Allah for the ability to beat the living daylights out of someone as far as taking the Lord's name in vain goes. we have that down here in alabama, n high school football. all i can say is that i agree w/what a comedian said about it "Everyone always thanks Jesus when they win. nobody ever says anything about Him when they lose. you never hear a football player say "well, we were gonna win,but Jesus tripped me up in the end zone! He hates our team!!"

btw,doesn't that kinda clash w/"blessed are the peacemakers"?

ugh. ppl can say what they want, but saying 'gd' has nothing on thanking God/Jesus/Allah for the ability to beat the living daylights out of someone as far as taking the Lord's name in vain goes. we have that down here in alabama, n high school football. all i can say is that i agree w/what a comedian said about it "Everyone always thanks Jesus when they win. nobody ever says anything about Him when they lose. you never hear a football player say "well, we were gonna win,but Jesus tripped me up in the end zone! He hates our team!!"

Maybe he feels that he got his talent and strength from the Lord and thanks Him when he does well. May athletes do that.

I'm against boxing and kickboxing and such because it's a sport of violence. But those men still train for it and see it as a sport of technic and strength. And talents and skills are blessings from the Lord.

I think he just does it to have more fans and to show that he is a "'good guy" just like the people in the oscars, people who win races or emmys...etc. The point is that jesus was a peaceful person who i dont think would help someone beat some other innocents souls ass

I think he just does it to have more fans and to show that he is a "'good guy" just like the people in the oscars, people who win races or emmys...etc. The point is that jesus was a peaceful person who i dont think would help someone beat some other innocents souls ass

Back