1995 Dodge Intrepid. What's wrong with it?!?

ninja9_91

Feb 22, 2009
Okay, I've got a '95 Dodge Intrepid with the 3.3 V6 (Non-flex fuel). It's sat for about 9 months. It used to be my sisters, but now it belongs to my backyard :p. She came over to the house one night, and said it was acting weird as she was pulling in. The next day she went to start it and it wouldn't start, so I went out there and turned the key to Run, and the dash lights flickered then faded out, and as I tried to start it, it did the typical battery dead clicking. So, I went to jump the Intrepid from my car and nothing. Well, 9 months later I went out there and started tinkering and turns out the main problem was a loose battery terminal connection. I, again, jumped it from my car, and it started, but I had to give it gas as I started it (Which is the way it's always been), but when I left off the gas it died. And it used to do that, but you only had to give it gas for about 5 secs after initial start, then it would be fine and idle normally. 2nd time I started it, I gave it gas for about 15 seconds, and when I left off, and the revs dropped to about 800, it died again. Third time I gave it gas for about 30 seconds, and it died again. Well, I googled the problem and a lot of people were saying Dodges are prone to do that when the idle air control valve gets dirty, so they said pop it off and clean it, and while you're there clean the throttle body. Did that, and replaced the TB gasket, hooked up the battery again, and yet again, jumped it to my car. When I started the key to run, the dash lights came on and lit up bright (like they should), but when I turned the key further to start it, it acted like there was no battery charge whatsoever. Dash lights went out, so I turned the key off, and turned back to run and now no dash lights. So I got out and un-hooked the jumper cables and push down on the battery terminal connections to make sure there was good contact, hooked it back to my car and let it sit for about 5 minutes with it running. Tried to start it again, and the same thing happened. Dash lights went out, and there was no noise whatsoever. All the throttle body connections are how they should be. What is wrong with the car? Thanks in advance for all future answers :)

Back