Tonight on American Idol?

Saraht3

Feb 19, 2009
how many people are they sending home on american idol tonight? cause they said only 3 will make it, so all the rest go home? And whta about the other 18 that didnt sing last night, when will they sing?
oh, and why are they only keeping 3?

I'm not sure about the first question, but I know they've divided the 36 into groups of 3. So next week, the second group of 12 will sing.

For the next 2 weeks we'll see another group of 12. I thought that they meant that 3 will go home tonight. Because otherwise that would leave 9 remaining in the end of the next 2 weeks. Thats not even the top 10.

maybe next week? They are only keeping three this week...we'll find out soon!!!

Each week there will be 12 performers, totaling 36 contestants after 3 weeks.
Every Wednesday there will be the best girl performer, guy performer, and the next runner-up that get through to the top 12.
After the 3 weeks are up they are going to have a wild card show where three of the other contestants that didn't make it into those 9 can get their chance to redeem themselves and get into the top 12.

Technically, no one goes home tonight. If they don't make the Top 12, they could still get in on a Wild Card.

The Top 36 will perform in groups of 12 for the next 3 weeks.

From each group of 12, the girl and guy with the most votes will make the Final 12, along with the next-highest vote-getter (male or female). The remaining 9 of each group (unless they really stunk) are eligible for Wild Card.

Three from each group of 12 will advance, filling 9 slots in the Final 12.

Then there will be a Wild Card show, where 3 more Top 12 finalists will be selected, from all of the remaining non-chosen Top 36.

In the wild card round, the next highest finishers plus other eliminated semi-finalists will return for one more chance to compete. The judges will pick the 3 performers left that they consider the best. No voting by the public will be done at this stage.

Three will make it out of the group that sang last night.
One boy, one girl, and then the best voted.

Next week the second group of 12 will sing and the same thing will happen.

The week after, the third group will sing, and the same thing will happen, then I believe the last group and again, the same thing.

After that, they will have their top 12.
They will eliminate one person per week.

I agree, it is very confusing this year!

3 stay tonight which means 9 of the ones who sang yesterday are going home

they're separated in groups of 12 and one group goes each week so the same thing that happened this week will happen the next two weeks until there's the top 9. And then there's are three wildcard so there will be top 12. I think the wildcards are just the 3 people who got the next most votes OR 3 people who didn't make top 9 that the judges choose to make to top 12.

It's all part of the new format

yeah, 9 go home & 3 stay...
in the next 2 weeks the other 18 will sing
and the same thing on wednesdays, the 3 will make it through and others will go home..
then there will be 3 wild card people who go through
but i'm not quite sure what they mean by wild card?

yeah, 9 go home & 3 stay...
in the next 2 weeks the other 18 will sing
and the same thing on wednesdays, the 3 will make it through and others will go home..
then there will be 3 wild card people who go through
but i'm not quite sure what they mean by wild card?

im not shure.. just wait nd see

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AmX90qLvWv4_f8jyOr940sHsy6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20090218150557AAP3Xk7

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AmX90qLvWv4_f8jyOr940sHsy6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20090218150557AAP3Xk7

Back