Valuation of Mazda Mx5 by dealer?

chickaj

Feb 16, 2009
Unfortunately, even though I will be extremely sad to see it go, we have to sell my Mazda Mx5 as my husband is getting a company car and I will then use his car (much newer vehicle and more practical).

Its going to be 3 years old at the end of March, is in excellent condition, has 23k miles and is the 2.0i with option pack.

According to glasses guide in Feb, it should be £7850 trade which we can just about cope with. Do actually need it to be nearer to £8k though. I have just been to our local Mazda garage and they printed off their 'CAP' guide and said they would give us between £6750 and £7100 which is way way too low for a car of this spec and age.

I have looked on the Mazda websites for local garages and another one in the same group has one in stock (ok its 6 months newer) but same spec for £11k!!

Just wondered whether anyone could give me any tips on how to sell it and maybe haggle. Im usually quite good with garages but that's when I've also been buying so have been in a stronger position.

Many thanks.

Back