Are satellite phones traceable?

nickie

Feb 16, 2008
I want to purchase a satellite phone rather than a normal phone and I want to know if these phones are traceable and can be recorded by the government or by who ever. In simple other words, can these phones be tapped? Or traced?

Yes they can, and I honestly don't see a problem with the government knowing whom I call and what I say. We at least live in the United States where we can not be charged unfairly. Unless the phone is encrypted, it can be traced. Good luck getting an encrypted phone however, unless you work in any kind of major illegal operation?

Naive

Yes they can, and I honestly don't see a problem with the government knowing whom I call and what I say. We at least live in the United States where we can not be charged unfairly. Unless the phone is encrypted, it can be traced. Good luck getting an encrypted phone however, unless you work in any kind of major illegal operation?

Amazingly naive arent you?, the mantra of if I have nothing to hide why worry about the laws that restrict the freedom...live somewhere it does, want that or need that freedom and u will understand. Its okay for the government to want to (as you say) "hide" there calls or businesses etc, but its wrong for the private citizens who's rights aren't ambigious but constitutional to want the same?

Yes they can, and I honestly don't see a problem with the government knowing whom I call and what I say. We at least live in the United States where we can not be charged unfairly...

And look where we are now...

ur smart & exactly right
i want an encrypted satellite phone 4 myself + there r ppl out there other then the government who r better at tracing and tapping into ur phone

Back