What audio system is best for my car?

Mike

May 13, 2008
I have a 04 ford taurus sel and i only listen to rap. It can't be that expensive, I heard all you need are subwoofers and an amp...is that true?

youll need a sub or subs, an amp (not crap brands either) a new deck and prolly new speakers

id go with either Kicker(solo-classic, cvx, or l7), MTX(Thunder 4500, thunder 7500, thunder 9500, tr75), possibly even Alpine(type-x or type-r), or RockFord Fosgate subs (p2 or p3 series) for subs, you could go with jl as well.. whatever subs you get get 2 12" subs and make sure their the same... lol

and for amps i would go with either kicker, mtx, alpine, rockford fosgate, or zapco amps..mono channel class-d make sure the rms output of your amp is the SAME as the rms output of your subs combined

so say you have 2 12" kicker cvx subs(2 ohm version not 4 ohm), their rms watts are 750 a peice.. get a 1 channel amp that puts out 1500 watts at 2ohms and your load will take the full 1500 watts and which will give each sub their full 750 rms watts they need, it will pound hard as hell.

and for decks,head units id go with alpine, kenwood, or pioneer

and for speakers go with polk audio, their one of the best on the market

youll need a sub or subs, an amp (not crap brands either) a new deck and prolly new speakers

id go with either Kicker(solo-classic, cvx, or l7), MTX(Thunder 4500, thunder 7500, thunder 9500, tr75), possibly even Alpine(type-x or type-r), or RockFord Fosgate subs (p2 or p3 series) for subs, you could go with jl as well.. whatever subs you get get 2 12" subs and make sure their the same... lol

and for amps i would go with either kicker, mtx, alpine, rockford fosgate, or zapco amps..mono channel class-d make sure the rms output of your amp is the SAME as the rms output of your subs combined

so say you have 2 12" kicker cvx subs(2 ohm version not 4 ohm), their rms watts are 750 a peice.. get a 1 channel amp that puts out 1500 watts at 2ohms and your load will take the full 1500 watts and which will give each sub their full 750 rms watts they need, it will pound hard as hell.

Back