Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Seniors have you been warned about this phone scam?

Press 1 to call back and we will lower the interest rate on your credit card?

IF you fall for this scam you will be charged a $500 fee (on your card) for them calling your credit card company and asking them to lower your interest rate.

You can call your credit card company yourself, tell them you want the lowest rate they have and legally they HAVE to give it to you. As long as there are no problems with your account.

If you fall for this there is nothing you can legally do to recover your money.
    I've been called 3 times. Phoned back listened to his speal, said actually I work for the RCMP and would like to - And he hung up before I got any further. I dont think they will be calling me again

Junior Member JefftweseyetWesley's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would hang up because I don't have any credit cards. I can't afford one. If I am unable to pay in cash then I do without. I don't have much. What I do have is mine.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have not heard of this scam. But I have, as you said, called the credit card company on my own and requested a lower rate. But like another responder, I am trying to get rid of my credit card and pay cash for everything like my parents did. Thanks for the info

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have not heard of this scam. But I have, as you said, called the credit card company on my own and requested a lower rate. But like another responder, I am trying to get rid of my credit card and pay cash for everything like my parents did. Thanks for the info

Downloads
    Uploads