Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

1995 V6 3.8L Ford Mustang Code Reader?

My check engine light has gone on for the 2nd time since i've owed this car and it's very frustrating. Last time, i took it to a local place and they got the codes read for a small fee. I fixed the problems, and it has been fine for almost a year. Now, light is back.

Now I don't want to pay any more fees from here on out, so I decided to buy a code reader. Now, pretty much all of the ones i've found so far for FORDs say "Except 1995 3.8 Mustang". Why is this one particular car year/engine any different? And how or where can i find a reader that works for my car?? =(

Downloads
    Uploads
    Try clicking on this site Http://www.OBDllreaders.com and this one to tell you what the codes mean http://www.OBD.codes.com/trouble_codes/ Or any site with the OBDII in it, you will find a lot of readers out there from home. If you get a Snap-on one like the one answer states you will pay Big Bucks for it. I hope this helps you out some Good Luck! :=)

Downloads
    Uploads
    you know autozone and many other parts stores check or scan for free you can look up what code are by typing how to read codes or 1995 mustang codes even look up a forum on 1995 mustang forums