My ps2 (slim) won't play DVD movies.?

Drew

May 14, 2008
It's a slim version, about 3 years old. It won't play movies, but will play all of my games perfectly. I don't use the ps2 much anymore but I would still use it for DVDs if it would work. If anybody has any answer besides buy a new one, then please, help would be appreciated. Thanks.

does the ps2 not recognize there being a disc in there or does it say disc read error. if you get a disc read error you probably have to re adjust the angle of the laser. underneath the disc tray there should be a white gear(it may not be white in the slim) you may have to take the case off to find it. just move the gear one notch or tooth at a time and test it. eventually you will find a spot that works. i have had to do this several times on my ps2, because mine is a first generation, still works and i still use it for my import games.

Just call Sony because they will either tell you what to do or they will send someone down to fix it or they will tell you to send yours in and they will fix it or send you a new one

Back