I'm 16 - decent plan?

Bri

May 13, 2008
I'm a 16 yr. old girl and weigh 165 lb. at five feet, five inches. My BMI falls just into "overweight" or at risk for being so. There is a long history in my family of being severely obese, so for my own health and wellbeing, I don't want to fall into that trap.

I figured I would take multivitamins every day, and give up all drinks except water (that way I still get calcium, vitamin D, etc). Giving up junk food is a go-figure, but is going to be harder (with what I eat, I should be 600 lb, lol!). I could also start running some (my endurance is downright horrible, but I could build that up as I went along). I'm not SEVERELY overweight, so I'm only looking to drop a 15 - 20 pounds. Do you haver any more suggestions of what I can do, or is that a good enough plan for the amount of weight I hope on losing?

My best friend has anorexia, so I'm definitely going to avoid any anorexia behavior at all costs. I'm not too worried about that, FYI.
I wasn't talking about using the vitamins as REPLACEMENT foods, but as supplements to make sure I am getting all the vitamins I need, that I'm not getting from the milk and fruit juices.

Multivitamins are NOT replacements for actual food. Your best bet is to eat three healthy meals a day, drink plenty of water, and exercise regularly.

Your plan sounds reasonable. Drink lots of water but try to have a glass of milk every day too. Try eating more vegetables and fruits, anything high in fibre. They will keep you fuller longer, Start off with walking and work your way to a jog. Don't push yourself to hard at first or you can hurt yourself. Weigh yourself once a week at the same time every time. The average weight loss is 1-2lbs a week. The slower you lose it the better chance you have at keeping it off.

Back