Some Advice Please!!! Failure to appear&Failure to pay for a traffic infraction?

mrxshizzza

Jan 19, 2009
I went to the DMV to change the address on my license and found out that I have a failure to appear and failure to pay notices that resulted in my license being suspended. It was from 09/22/07 and since then I have registered 2 cars and been driving around unaware of any of this.
When I got this ticket(my first and only) it was for driving without headlights on and no proof of insurance. I was 16 at the time driving my father's car and did not take the ticket seriously.(young and irresponsible) I lost the original ticket and thought that I would be sent a notice when to go to court, but i received nothing in the mail and forgot about the whole ordeal.

Now it is 2009 and since then the fines have gone up and I owe
893.00 dollars. That's a huge amount of money for a struggling college student..
My father did have insurance under his name on the car and I have those papers, but will that be enough proof? The insurance does not include my name on it.
If anyone can provide me with some advice on the best way to approach this I would appreciate it. Thank you !

Back