Okay as far as religion goes...?

limetang

Jan 6, 2009
Does It really matter what other people beleive I mean as long as no one is hurting anyone and if it makes them happy should it really matter what they beleive if it makes them happy. I mean anyone theist or otherwise should just be entitled beleive as they wish as long as no body gets hurt, and I mean is there really anything wrong with what these religions actually stand for loving other people personally I think every one should do that don't you?
All I meant was that In religions there is love being taught and I was just asking really is there anything wrong with that. I am not saying you have to be religious to love I am just saying that some of what religions preach is necerserry for abetter world
I was just talking hypothetically I mean wouldn't that be the ideal world?

Amen brother! I guess the trouble is cos it's a central part of every big religion that theirs is the correct one and everyone outside of it should be converted or suffer. Except buddhism, buddhism's relatively great.

It is one of my church's articles of faith that people may choose for themselves

11 We claim the privilege of worshiping Almighty God according to the dictates of our own conscience, and allow all men the same privilege, let them worship how, where, or what they may.

people like to believe that christians are after them as it makes them feel wanted and important.

Eph 4:5
5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

There is no more self-evident truth in this world, there is nothing in all eternity more obvious than that there is and can be only one true Church. A true Church does not create itself any more than man creates God, or resurrects himself, or establishes for himself a celestial heaven. All churches may be false, but only one can be true, simply because religion comes from God, and God is not the author of confusion.

Truth is only one thing, and every truth is in harmony with every other truth. If one church proclaims that God is an exalted Man and another says he is an incorporeal spirit essence; if one church teaches that baptism is essential to salvation and another considers it of no importance whatever; if one church says salvation consists in the continuation of the family unit in eternity and another affirms there is no marrying or giving in marriage in heaven; and so on and so on, through a thousand gospel doctrines, something is wrong with somebody's religious views.

One Lord] One true Christ-not many. One faith] One true religion, one true plan of salvation, one true gospel, one true redeeming sacrifice, one course back to the presence of God-not many. One baptism] One true ordinance whereby sins are remitted and repentant sinners are started out on the strait and narrow path that leads to eternal life-not many.

Most religions do teach that a person should not lie or steal, and so forth. But is that sufficient? Would you be happy to drink a glass of poisoned water because someone assured you that most of what you were getting was water?

Would it demonstrate loyalty to God and to his righteous standards if his servants were to embrace in religious brotherhood those who themselves practice what God condemns or who condone such practices? “Quit mixing in company with anyone called a brother that is a fornicator or a greedy person or an idolater or a reviler or a drunkard or an extortioner, not even eating with such a man. .*.*. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men kept for unnatural purposes, nor men who lie with men, nor thieves, nor greedy persons, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit God’s kingdom.” (1*Cor. 5:11; 6:9,*10) “Whoever .*.*. wants to be a friend of the world is constituting himself an enemy of God.” (Jas. 4:4)

But being a Christian involves more than simply being kind to our neighbor. Jesus said that his true disciples would be outstandingly identified by their love for one another, for fellow believers. (John 13:35) The importance of that is emphasized repeatedly in the Bible.

Jesus showed that even more important is our love for God himself, which is shown by our obedience to his commandments. (Matt. 22:35-38; 1*John 5:3) www.watchtower.org

Back