I have a 2000 hyundai accent with a blown transmission. Do I sell it or fix

markd

Jun 3, 2008
it for $1700? I found out that my transmission is ruined and I have to have it replaced. It will cost my $1700 plus tax. I like my Hyundai Accent 2000 as I have low insurance rates (about $45 a month with collision), and it gives about 28 mpg. Do I pay the $1700 plus tax to have it fixed, or should I trade it in for another car? How much would I get for such a car in a trade in? I live in Upstate NY.
My car has 60,000 miles on it. I think the warranty ran out a few years back?

If you don't have more than 100,000 miles on it, it might be covered by warranty. You can get a perfectly good used one from a recycle yard for under $500, usually. Try "auto-part(s).com". Why did it blow on you?? Did you do the proper maintenance??? Good Luck!!

Your transmission is warrantied by Hyundai for 10 years or 100,000 miles. Too bad your apparently over the 100,000 miles, or you haven't had the required maintenance done.

http://www.hmaservice.com/

It's not worth fixing,but nobody would buy it it's present condition either.No dealer will take it either. Seems the only option is to get it fixed. You might want to get more quotes on fixing it first..

It's not worth fixing,but nobody would buy it it's present condition either.No dealer will take it either. Seems the only option is to get it fixed. You might want to get more quotes on fixing it first..

How many miles? How much rust?

If the body is solid and it has under 100k miles fix it..

It will cost a lot more than 1700.00 to replace it

Back