Can't shop at young women's stores: my arms are too big?

Jessica

May 13, 2008
I can't shop at Maurice's or any other "teenage girl" shops for tops because my arms are too big. I'm an athlete and I have really defined biceps/shoulders. I could get a top from Maurice's in like XXL and then it would fit my arms, but I'm not nearly that big around my waist. I have a few shirts from before I stepped it up in my workouts that I can't or don't wear anymore because they're tight around my arms.

I don't take anything to make my muscles bigger: it's just that I train for my sport and lift weight year round. I've gotten complements for it before, people just saying how well defined my upper body is. A guy I know who is a weight lifting fanatic bumped into my arm and said how solid it was--he was impressed. I think he went on to ask me what I benched. But then I get people who think it's bad or strange: I had to register for my event and the woman's like "I should have known, you sure have the arms for it." Kind of a "good lord look at you" tone.

Do you think this is weird? I hardly look like one of those female bodybuilders; I look natural but you can tell I have more muscle than the average girl. My arms aren't fat; they're just that defined. Does anyone else have that problem too?

Back