I know i already asked this question but im posting again because NO ONE answered.
Hey well im with big pond ADSL, i have a 2wire gateway (router and modem combined) and i use Ethernet cord to connect. My first problem was that network adapter said disconnected but i put the firewall settings down and allowed sharing on network connections so it now says wired which is good.

Now it says IP address failed. Out of the hundreds maybe thousands of times i tried it once said IP confirmed but DNS failed then future attempts where IP failing again. Ive tried both automatic and manual settings. For manual i put: sub net mask: 255.255.255.0, IP: 192.168.0.2 and gateway: 192.168.0.1. If i do it on manual it says the gateway is not responding to a network connection and if i do it on automatic it says the DHCP isn't working. Ive ran cmd on my computer and done ipconfig /all and typed the info there but then it just says gateway address is invalid. And i also tried typing the info for DNS servers to but it still says gateway unable to establish connection. If you need eny more info i can post it on the additional details. Ive also tried unplugging all computers and restarting gateway and/or xbox. Thanks