Anyone know of a place to bring my dog for vacation?

Blah

May 21, 2008
in florida/alabama?
but not way down florida
no further than Destin,FL
what about texas?
she is only like 4-5 pounds and really small
what about any restraunts, attractions?

basically know of any places in Florida, Alabama and maybe Texas where you can bring a 4 pound puppy to the beach? We would love a restraunt(can be outdoor dining) anf maybe an attraction or shopping?

thanks
someone will ask why i put it heere
i figured many of you might bring your pets to beaches and on vacation with you

Dogs are allowed on most beaches. Dogs aren't allowed inside restaurants, it is against health codes(i've asked as my dog is 5 lbs also) You will have to sit on a patio, they allow them outside on patios.

Most dogs are allowed in theme parks, but they can't go on the rides...obviously.

Dogs are also allowed in some stores, just ask before you come in.

Dogs aren't allowed in pools areas either. They aren't allowed to swim.

Make sure to see that your hotel is "pet friendly." Bring a crate along, so that the places that you can't take him, you can leave him in the room, without the thought of him getting harmed.

Dogs are allowed on most beaches. Dogs aren't allowed inside restaurants, it is against health codes(i've asked as my dog is 5 lbs also) You will have to sit on a patio, they allow them outside on patios.

Most dogs are allowed in theme parks, but they can't go on the rides...obviously.

Dogs are also allowed in some stores, just ask before you come in.

Dogs aren't allowed in pools areas either. They aren't allowed to swim.

Make sure to see that your hotel is "pet friendly." Bring a crate along, so that the places that you can't take him, you can leave him in the room, without the thought of him getting harmed.

Florida is going to be a lot more anal about that stuff than Alabama, I think. Why don't you look up Gulf Shores? It's a really laid-back place. Look up the public beach there and see if dogs are allowed.

I know there's at least one dog-friendly beach in Sarasota, Florida, because I've been to it and there were tons of dogs there. It's a nice beach, but I don't remember which one it is. It was definitely public.

Have you tried the state park websites for Alabama and Florida? They might have the info you need.

Back