Help, my little Jack russell terrier is scared of big dogs!?

I'll tell you a Greek proverb: Fear protects the weak.

It is normal that a small dog is afraid of big ones, and she is right too! A big dog once bit really bad the face of my aunt's Yorkie! This only happens once, the rest if the time those big dogs will be nice to your Jack Russell, but she needs to be protected for the one time she will meet an aggressive big dog!

It is normal that a small dog is afraid of big ones, and she is right too! A big dog once bit really bad the face of my aunt's Yorkie! This only happens once, the rest if the time those big dogs will be nice to your Jack Russell, but she needs to be protected for the one time she will meet an aggressive big dog!

Surely one of your friends or family members has a big, mellow dog. Introduce her to a big dog that is calm, older, and not terribly eager to play. She'll get over it if you socialize her properly with dogs that won't reinforce her fears.

Is she scared of other dogs, or is she aggressive toward other dogs? Its not very common for Jack russels to be afraid of much of anything, They tend to be one of the bravest dogs, they think there dobermans. I suggest finding some group obedience classes in your area, all dogs can benefit from some classes, and learning in a situation with alot of other dogs will help her be less afraid.

Is she scared of other dogs, or is she aggressive toward other dogs? Its not very common for Jack russels to be afraid of much of anything, They tend to be one of the bravest dogs, they think there dobermans. I suggest finding some group obedience classes in your area, all dogs can benefit from some classes, and learning in a situation with alot of other dogs will help her be less afraid.

Back