car accident/insurance help?

JohnSmith

May 17, 2008
my girlfriend, (about a month ago) was backing out of a parking lot and backed into someone driving by or something. not major damage or anything ( i wasnt there ).. but she said it was just a scratch.. but she gave the lady her insurance info and that was that... few days later she calls my girlfriend back and tells her that her insurance info was no good. turns out... my girls parents (dad/stepmom) stopped paying for her insurance.. unintentionally.. they used to get the bill online... but they switched to mail or somethin and didnt realize it.. or somethin. point is.. she didnt actually have insurance at the time. lady took it to a place.. she claims it cost like 800-900 dollars. said my girlfriend could just pay for it with her own money... but she's only 19.. barely has enough money each month to pay for her part of rent .. much less come up with 900 bucks. her parents apparently can't help.. debt.. etc. i dunno.. but its been a month/month and a half since the incident.. and now she says she wants to sue her
i just dont know what to do

first thoughts... have the lady just put in another claim and just say it happened a few days later.. when my girlfriend finally got her insurance back. but apparently they already have her info on file.. and know about it. so i dont know how that would work
next thought.. she doesnt have any proof it was my girlfriends fault. . but apparently there were cameras if it came down to it
anyway.. my gf is really freakin out... she has enough stuff to worry about. i want this to all go away for her. but i'm not sure how
i think the lady is just trying to get money out of her. like i said.. i dont think the scratch is even that bad. said she got an estimate....900 dollars.. really? i had the front right end of my jeep smashed in.. didnt cost that much
does it matter that she didnt file a police report? at least i dont think she did
how would you file a claim with a different insurance?
yeah.. i mean.. i guess she could pay her back a little bit at a time.. payment sorta thing.. but she seems really impatient.. seeing as how my girlfriends mom received a letter in the mail saying she wanted to sue them.. hah.. her mom doesnt have money.. shes already maybe gonna lose her house.. her dad is in debt... stepmom doesnt have a job
somethings gotta give

Back