If you were me, how would you feel?

Username1

May 24, 2008
Okay, I'm 18 years old, I have my license, and my mom won't let me drive her car. My parents bought me a car about 8 months ago, and told me that they were going to fix it up. My dads a mechanic so I didn't think it would take long, but he keeps putting it off.

I'm getting so frustrated because if I knew it would have taken this long, i would have just bought my own car. I always offer to help fix it up, but my parents won't let me, and whenever I offer to take it to another shop, they just get mad at me. There is absolutely nothing I can do to make this go faster.

I appreciate that they bought me a car, but I really can't wait any longer for it, I work full time, go to school, volunteer at an animal shelter, go to the gym, and then do other things too.

I hate asking for rides, and my parents just get mad at me when I do. My sister just recently moved back home and my mom just expects her to give me rides anywhere, but she has a life of her own too, and I shouldn't have to rely on her all the time.

How would you feel if you were me? Am I overreacting?
I would take it to another shop, but it's sitting at my dads shop right now, it doesn't even run, and there isn't any insurance on it.

Back