how do i get my first car?

Diamond

May 13, 2008
so i am 16 years old. my parents dont have enough money to get me a car let alone themselves. so i have a part time job and it only pays about 150 every other week. how can i get my own car by next school year because im going to be a senior meaning i'll have to get out of school early plus sometimes i may just go from school straight to work. and i dont want to be worrying my parents. how can a go about getting a car

The only advice in such an economic crisis as we are in, save your money. Put it into some short-term CD's. I know that the government, gives you a tax credit, when you purchase a Hybrid car or any other fuel efficient vehicle. I know 1th is very young. I do not know what the age regulations are. I think you must be 18th years of age, to legally purchase a car plus valid insurance and driver liscence ins most states.
Ask around your friends, your neighbors. Sometimes, they have cheaper older vehicles in their back yards. Sometimes, they only miss a few things. Or go to a car aution with your parents. Sometimes here they auction of cars for $ 500.00 dollars. But you purchase the car as it is. There is no warranty with it. Good luck.

I'll be absolutely honest: You don't earn enough to buy, run, insure & maintain a car. Forget it, car ownership & being a student just don't go together. You may scrape enough to run a moped, but it's still an expensive way of getting about.

car is the cheap part don't forget insurance. gas plates repairs you may not get a car right away but keep working and saving just be realistic about your options Try getting a job at a car center or hospital over the summer there pay may be better than most jobs

I walked to work, finally saved up enough to buy my own car.
Try not to spend to much on phones, clothes. You have
a goal, you can do it!

Back