How to change a headlight bulb in a 2009 Chevy Malibu?

twazl634

Feb 7, 2009
I can't seem to figure out how to get to the headlight assembly to change the bulbs.
there is no detail in the manual

replacing headlight malibu 2009

Bad news for all that own this vehicle...the 2009 Malibu. It is not possible to change this the headlight bulb yourself!!? The designers of this car appealed to us with the euro look and good gas mileage. Unfortunately they did not notify us that a simple task of changing your bulb will cost you upwards of $70.00. I am a 20 year veteran of the auto industry. I am ashamed of a company that would take such a small task and make it virtually impossible for the consumer. I had a bulb go 2 days ago and inquired with my dealership for the details on replacement....as the owners manual suggests. I was amazed to find out that you need to remove portions of the front end to gain access to replace a $10.00 bulb. Before you know it the mats will be attached with a tool only the dealership can purchase. This is the fleecing of America!

if someone has different info please share.

you have to drop the bumper if u know what u are doing it should take about a hour and a half start to finish

Back