Where can I get a tune up done on my car?

Ilovecarbsayalle

Feb 6, 2009
The only one I can think of is Pepboys and the Jeep dealer (I have a 2004 Liberty) and I'm not going to the dealer in this economy.

What other companies should I call for quotes to get an idea. I can't seem to think of them.

Everyone needs work done to their vehicle at one time or another. Everyone has someone who has burned then, and everone eventually has someone they grow to trust.

Ask around your school, your work place, your church, your family and friends, etc.

Someone can direct you to a place to get a tune up as well as most any other work you might need to get done. You'll also learn the places and people to stay away from.

Also, you have a 5 year old vehicle. You sure you need a tune-up this soon? Most cars made from 2003 onward don't require any tune-up work for 100K miles. But then again, maybe you are there already.

Pep boys is OK. This new a car should only require a spark plug change. Make sure that they use either Nippondenso Iridium or Bosch platinum, as they are more efficient than the factory installed units. Other items required are air filters, which you can do yourself. Actually, you should be able to change the plugs yourself, as well. Some modern cars, however, require you to have the vehicles computer checked, since it keeps track of any issues that have occurred while the car was driven. You should still ask at the Jeep dealer, since they keep track of recalls and have the most experience with your particular car. Ask at their service department for pricing before you assume that other places will give you proper attention for the $$$ you spend. Good Luck!!!

Back