Will a school laptop be able to get the internet at home?

JessP

Jun 21, 2008
We're getting laptops this year, but the thing is, at school most every website is blocked. At home we have wireless internet and a router which connects my sister's laptop to the internet, but hers is not a school one. So will I be able to connect mine through that or will all the sites still be blocked? I have a feeling they will since it probably has some program on it.

No, it won't be blocked.

I many cases the blocking software will be installed on the servers at your school and as your laptop will no longer be connected to the school network at home but your own internet, it will not be blocked.

(this only applies to Windows.)
It would depend. If have configured the parental controls in the antivirus & you only have a limited acc., too bad most prolly you will not be able to use the site even if you used the home wireless.

It might not be blocked because they might just put blocks on the routers firewall and not the laptop. At least that is what they did when i was i school.

It might not be blocked because they might just put blocks on the routers firewall and not the laptop. At least that is what they did when i was i school.

All you can do is try it.
If they are: see if you can download an additional Browser.

Try downloading Chrome (a google product I like very much) or Firefox.
Both are alternatives to Internet Explorer (from Microsoft, of course)
Even if you have an Apple McIntosh... try one of these.

They're free, and supposed to be safer than Explorer anyway, All the hacks and pirates target Explorer because it's more ubiquitous.

Or... are you blocked from downloading programs?

Back