How to i start the Tub Clean cycle in my LG washer?

B

bubblenumber

I just bought a LG WM2466 and not sure how to start the Tub Clean cycle. I follow the instruction in the booklet but the light on the TUB CLEAN doesn't light up when i press it down for 3 sec. Please let me know if i did this right, or the right way of doing it.

1. start the washer
2. add bleach
3. press the tub clean button for 3 sec.

but instead of the tub clean button light up, it's the pre-wash/child lock button that was lighting up.

Thanks.

Did you ever get an answer?

I'm having the same problem:

I just bought a LG WM2466 and not sure how to start the Tub Clean cycle. I follow the instruction in the booklet but the light on the TUB CLEAN doesn't light up when i press it down for 3 sec. Please let me know if i did this right, or the right way of doing it.

1. start the washer
2. add bleach
3. press the tub clean button for 3 sec.

but instead of the tub clean button light up, it's the pre-wash/child lock button that was lighting up.

Thanks.

funny, I am having the same problem, and LG seems to know nothing about the problem. Three of us, probably more, and Lg knows nothing a bout it?

LG Washer Tub Clean

5/09 Me too...Repair possibly coming tomorrow..keep ya posted

Same Problem...

I have the same problem. Just got off the phone with LG and they scheduled someone to come out and fix it.

Hey everyone,

I had the same issue with my washer. Do not worry, the child lock light is supposed to come on. The display should also say 'TCL', which means Tub Clean. Just push the start button (after you've put bleach in the dispenser) and let the cycle run without anything in the tub.

I hope this helps someone out there! I know the manual is not very clear on this.

Same Problem

I have had my LG washer the past 3 years and never was able to use the Tub Clean feature. Called LG and the Customer Service guy tried helping to no avail and they seem to know the problem....Kinda funny..So i just usually go to Target and buy this Tide tub clean...Works quite well!!!

Got It

I was having this problem. I followed all the steps from the LG web site, but finally got it to tubclean by first setting spinsense with the door open and soap tray completely removed. I turned the machine off, back on and tried the tubclean again. It worked. Very strange and frustrating for such an expensive machine. I don't have any odor issues with the thing, I just wanted to flush it out good.

Have the same problem here in CA. Bought one last year, and just found out it has this feature, but was not able to do it. Called LG and got the same response as people here. Will try the method people have posted. Hope it works, because it stinks!

TubClean

TubClean only works when Spinsense is turned OFF. To turn it off, first you have to start a wash cycle (without detergent or softener, like pretending to start a wash) and immediately turn off Spinsense by pressing Staincycle button for a few seconds. You should be able to turn on TubClean now.

In addition to above post

I forgot to write in above post, that as soon as you turn off Spinsense, turn off the machine. Turn on the machine again, and press the Extra Rinse button for a few seconds to turn on TubClean, without setting the dial to any wash cycle. You can tell if it's working if the display says "tcl."

Tub Clean

I just figured it out! Put bleach in the bleach dispenser. With the door open, press the tub clean button for 3 seconds. You shoud see "tcl" light up in the display. close the door and press the start button.

Turning off staincycle worked

Last post I read said to turn off staincycle and it worked. Thanks

I have an LG WM2487HWMA Washer and had the tub clean problem. Holding the button for 3 seconds did nothing. Got the solution after reading this forum. This is what worked
"TubClean only works when Spinsense is turned OFF". Had to turn that off, and then everything worked fine.
Thanks Guys.

I tried to find the answer everywhere and nothing works but I find out and I want to share with you guys.

press the tub clean and after press turn the washer on. The display will show tub-clean message

Gigimom

THANK YOU SO MUCH to those of you who shared that the SpinSense must be deactivated before Tub Clean will work on my LG washer!!!!!! That saved me an expensive repair bill! LG shame on you for not putting this in your manual (and I read the WHOLE thing!)!!!!!!

tub clean problem

I have a WM0642H LD machine. I pressed the tub clean for 3 seconds. It lights up to say "TCL". But the pre-wash button is lit up. The timer starts at "1 hr and ? (I forgot how many minutes). But when the count down starts, It gets stuck at 1 hr 13 minutes for like 3 hours.
Some people said to turn off the rinse-spin cycle; but since the light is off anyway, it should be considered "Off". I called the LG 1800 number, they had no clue either. What's the problem with LG????

Back