Can I sync the contacts on my Samsung Omnia - Windows PDA to my Vista PC without

daniel

May 12, 2008
Outlook? Windows is making this really, really difficult. I installed Windows Mobile Device Center but when I go to select what I want synced, it grays out the option of syncing my contacts and won't let me do this. I'm assuming it's because I don't have Outlook installed on my computer. Of course, Windows Mobile Device Center isn't specifically telling me this. If it is true, I will be very upset because I can't believe I can't do something as simple as syncing my contacts on a Windows Mobile phone that I already paid a lot of money for without also purchasing another expensive program like Outlook.
sidenote: I never understood why people complained so much about Windows....now I'm beginning to understand.

To sync your contacts with the windows media device you do need to have outlook. Now if I remember corectly you should be able to backup your contacts with the active sync software provided. If all else depending onyour carrier they may have a wireless sync website. I know verizon has one and you get the web address by calling *611. Sorry I dont have it with me at the moment.

Back