Obama chose an Arabic satellite TV network for his first formal television

Sherry

May 21, 2008
interview are you upset? President Barack Obama chose an Arabic satellite TV network for his first formal television interview as president, part of a concerted effort to repair relations with the Muslim world that were damaged under the previous administration.

No, he is just trying to undo the stupidest statement ever made, "you are with us or with the terrorists" Bush falls in to the latter category.

ill be worried when the freed terrorists strike again....can you say due process? god help us

Obama is attempting to deceive the deceivers. Get ready for the shit to really hit the fan.

No. I think it is probably a good idea. GW Bush did quite a bit of damage to our image in the Arabic world.

It sent a clear and important message to the Muslim world. That was absolutely the right thing to do, and represents I hope a first step in repairing the wreckage of the Bush legacy.

I think it was a great thing to do. The President is our representative to the world. Do we want other countries to think we are the hateful, money hungry vampires that Bush has portrayed us to be? I don't... we don't have to be "friends" with them but we need to find a middle ground that everyone can agree and prosper from. Remember about getting more flies with honey........

I am 100% supportive. Talking only to Israel has been a financial and relationship disaster. Thank God Obama realizes this.

I imagine that he believes catering to the Muslim world is more important than taking care of business at home. Everything he is doing (including this ridiculous 'stimulus package') will damage America beyond repair, while he kisses foreigners' butts.

I imagine that he believes catering to the Muslim world is more important than taking care of business at home. Everything he is doing (including this ridiculous 'stimulus package') will damage America beyond repair, while he kisses foreigners' butts.

I think it was a great idea.

Most Americans do not hate Muslims or Arabs.
Most Americans just want to live their own lives, as do most Muslims and Arabs.
This is what he wanted to convey.
And I think he did a good job of it.

So what if foxnoise didn't get the first interview?
They've had plenty before, and they will have plenty in the future.

If we truly want CHANGE, then we have to change the way we do things.

“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.”
- Albert Einstein

No. Bush had several presidential interviews with Al-Arabiya. Is it the timing that you're questioning or the choice of station? Either way it was a good move on President Obama's part.

No. Bush had several presidential interviews with Al-Arabiya. Is it the timing that you're questioning or the choice of station? Either way it was a good move on President Obama's part.

Back