My son (nearly 5 years old) still cant pedal a bike!?

ClaireG

Jun 16, 2008
I mean with stabilisers on.
he just cant get to grips with how to do it.

my older son was riding a bike without stabilisers at this age!
Is there something wrong with my nearly 5 year old?

There's nothing wrong with him, children develop at different ages, some are quicker than others. He'll get the hang of it eventually, I would stop worrying, as long as he's healthy he'll be fine.

lol nothing is wrong with your child. im 14 now and i still cant ride a bike. i can ride it with stabilisers but i cant ride it without them. im sure in a while he WILL get the hang of riding a bike. he just isnt used to it yet. carry on teaching him. only teach him when he wants to be teached or ellse he might just be faking it just to annoy you. by the way, how can u say " is anything wrong with my child" ?. tut tut...

don't worry about it im not sure about the stabilisers but i couldn't ride my bike (without stabilisers) until i was 9

it's no big deal...took me a little while to learn how to ride but my sister managed it in a few minutes. I'm better than her now though. He'll learn at his own pace

Dont worry about it i was 7 when i learned how to ride a bike but that was because i had my first bike at that age , but really it will be fine :) were not all good at everything

All children are different so try not to compare.
My sister was riding a bike without stabilisers at 6. I did not learn till I was 11. My step Dad always belittled me because of that so don;t go down that road.
I am sure if there was any major co-ordination problems or development problems then it would have been picked up by now.

All children are different so try not to compare.
My sister was riding a bike without stabilisers at 6. I did not learn till I was 11. My step Dad always belittled me because of that so don;t go down that road.
I am sure if there was any major co-ordination problems or development problems then it would have been picked up by now.

wf? NO! there is nothing wrong with him! please don't make him feel that way, he will get it soon enough. How could you think that??

Same thing with my daughter. I think she was 6 before she got the hang of it. Eventually he will learn it. Would recommend applying zero pressure.

No of coarse not! some children pick up quicker than others. My Neice is 7 and she only learn't how to pedal a bike with stabalisers on afew months ago! Don't worry just keep on trying with him im sure he will pick it up

My son is now 8 and just learned how to do this last year. He could NOT peddle for some reason, it was strange. But he learned.....

I shouldnt worry`. My mate is 63 and has never been able to get the hang of it, with or without stablisers

I learned to ride a bike without training wheels when i was about 5 or 6 so i wouldn't worry. Many people don't learn till a lot older. It's all just a part of growing up and is perfectly normal.

Back