Does the Big Bang theory defy infinity (which it is based on, thus defying itself)?

OUTLAW1

Jun 26, 2008
The Big Bang theory says matter was infinitely present in one form until combustion. This implies and end to infinity which means it couldn't be infinite in the first place (or there would be no end).
Hmm... I guess that's what happens when you learn physics from a Biology professor....
Let me clarify, I didn't mean there was infinite matter. I meant it was there for an infinite amount of time (apparently)

You are talking about infinity in the sense of time . . .
And space and TIME were created at the Big Bang. So, no.

Infinity just simply means immeasurable. It doesn't mean that there was an actual infinite amount of heat and matter.

It's a difficult question. The state of the universe at the point where it existed as a super condensed particle is complex to grasp because time as it exists now did not exist in that state.

Does that make any sense? If it does...please explain it to me.

"Matter was infinitely present", "combustion", you don't understand the big bang theory at all.

The universe is expanding. That means it was smaller at one time. The point in time where all the matter in the universe was very close together was the big bang. That is the gist of it. There isn't much beyond that if you want to keep it simple.

If you are actually curious and not ranting like 90% of R&Sers then feel free to email me if you want to learn what I know about the big bang.

*edit*
"Hmm... I guess that's what happens when you learn physics from a Biology professor...."

I guess so. If he literally said "combustion" then he doesn't know what he is talking about in the least. Hell, if he thinks the big bang was a chemical reaction I would have to question his ability to teach biology!

What we have here is a flawed premise. That is not what the big bang theory says.

I would suggest you pray and ask God for guidance on this. I suspect this may be useful given the fact that the Big Bang theory was initially proposed by a Roman Catholic priest named Georges Lemaître.

God bless you.

Back