93 Honda civic hatch with 97k?

anthonyparra69

Nov 18, 2008
Theres a graphite finish honda civic hatchback at this used car lot and im wondering if its worth buying. Its automatic and cost $3000. theres no dents on the car, the only thing the person who owned it before put in new tailights and a exhaust system.

I'm more worried about "graphite finish" and "new tail lights." It's been painted? Why, because of an accident or someone who never took care of it? People who usually do little things like that to cars are kids who drive them hard and do not keep up maintenance. Is it salvaged? Try to find one private party, no accidents, stock everything including paint, and a mature driver. Good luck. Price is typical, a bit high. I would go for a '92-95 Civic EX (non hatch) with around 120k miles or less for that price range. I had a '94 and loved it. Good luck.

YOu could probably get a 98-2000 for that price from a first owner who needs to sell, be cautious and take your time, it will pay off.

97,000 miles is a horrible time to buy a car. Thats usually right before it needs a major service (timing belt, water pump, etc.) If your good with tools and know how to repair these things buy it. If not I think you should look into private sales, you should be able to purchase a ej1 (92-95 USDM civic) for around 2,000. As long as the maintance has been done I wouldn't be bothered if it had 180,000 on it.

Back