I like him and all, but whats with this whole comparison to Lincoln thing? ?

Sep 7, 2008
Obama's now swearing in on Lincolns bible. I mean wasn't the train ride enough? Why is Obama trying to compare himself to Lincoln. He hasn't even been in office yet.

He is building up expectations that no one can live up to. That will make his failures harder for his worshipers to swallow.

it's all about the race card, pure and simple. lincoln freed the slaves. obama's black, and by being president, it symbolizes their freedom. nothing more. just a coincedence they from the same state. will the secular progressive atheist liberals protest the bible? and the prayer?

They have nothing in common besides being from Illinois. I find his comparison to Lincoln absolutely appalling and disrespectful to Lincoln.

If Obama understood history, I figure he would actually speak out against Honest Abe as he has against George W. Bush. First, the Emancipation Proclamation, an Executive Order, freed the slaves (would Barack consider that an abuse of power?). Second, Lincoln suspended the right of habeas corpus during the war. Third, he instituted a draft, which many considered unconstitutional. Also, if you had $300, you would avoid the draft.

What was the end result of all those? The United States of America won the Civil War and was on its way to be the great nation that it is today. Barack is using his vision of the ends, but not the means, when trying to compare himself to Lincoln.

He admires Lincoln a great deal. He is not comparing himself to Abe. And think about it~ the president who signed the Emancipation Proclamation which led to Obama's presidency. It's fitting.

He has a huge ego. Although, I'm not sure what all he has in common with Lincoln.

Oh yeah because he is black and like Lincoln freed the slaves and its this whole big historic moment.

I mean the media likes to draw attention to the fact that he is half black and our first black President.

His huge ego apparently has over-ridden the fact that Abe was a Republican! Just wait until all his *inexperience* catches up to this idiot!!!!!!!!

It's called a PR stunt probably contrived by Rahm Emanuel, the guy that makes most of Obama's decisions for him !

I don't know but Obama's plan for a "contentious cabinet" didn't work so well for Lincoln.

He's even serving seafood stew at the inaugural because fish was Lincoln's favorite. Petty.

He's even serving seafood stew at the inaugural because fish was Lincoln's favorite. Petty.

Back