Is the President elect a celebrity-what has he acomplished for u that makes him

misscindy_04

Jan 18, 2009
worthy of all this attention? What's up with all the memorabilia on the Home Shopping Network? Everyone is expecting this "super hero" to take office. He hasn't even delivered yet...

Money Money and more Money is all I can see, I think it is disgracing the office of the President, unless he plans on putting it all back into the economy

Your a Republican, hence you are mentally challenged, hence you ignore reality and all the posts and diatribes we have written about for a few years now. How in the world do you expect us to answer such a immature question? Where have you been for the last 8 years? Why don't back to misquoting his autobiography? That was one of the first answers I wrote here. Sincerely, if yo don't know by now what all the excitement is about, then you need to learn to read.

It's what he is capable of accomplishing that makes him so special. Give him a chance. You gave Bush 8 years, and look where that got us.

I wonder whats going to happen when people finally realize big government doesn't fix problems it only creates them.

He hasn't delivered yet...The key word is YET. And anytime there's a new President people go crazy, and this is our first bi racial president which is a big part of history, and people are tired of 8 years of silence. I believe it is what he will accomplish that will make everyone who keeps talking crap swallow their tongues.

It doesn't matter if he didn't deliver.

He's the first Black US President for Christ sake. It's an historical event.

People like W and Jesse Jackson make the expectations so low that he looks presidential just by not rhyming and speaking clearly and coherently.

It's a shame, but we've sunk pretty low these days in terms of leadership requirements.

However, I hope he's worth the hype.

I would be surprised if anyone could live up to the hype for PE

Barack Obama..it is better to be a little pessimistic then to throw

yourself at this new president..it will take a long time for PE Barack

Obama to bring out a stable economy and world peace.

He managed to get elected President. That means he is in the news. If people want to buy this garbage, who are you to try and stop honest American businesspeople from selling it to them?

He will be the first black president. It's one of those benchmark accomplishments that don't really mean anything but people think is significant. It's kind of like remembering Sally Ride as the first American woman to go into space. All she did was do the same thing that several other Americans had already done, except she has a distinct physiological difference.

LOL. Wasn't being elected President of the United States by a huge majority enough for you?
And unless President-elect Obama himself was hawking stuff on HSN, I don't see how this is relevant.
I'm sure Bush would have done it, but nobody wanted anything with his picture on it.
Edit: What, exactly, was he supposed to have "delivered?" He's not in office yet.
You people are letting your narrow-minded hatred blind you to the most basic common sense. You only sound foolish when you carry on like this.
Sore losers, huh?

While noteworthy for anyone to be elected POTUS, this is a wee bit over the top. If he had a wonderful record that indicated he was worthy of all the hope and change he claims to be bringing, I could understand it. But it was by design that he has no real voting record and he ensured he ran directly against someone who has a very long one. Real easy to attack a long voting record and defend a non-existent one.

Back