Toyota Corolla Car battery keeps failing... How to use this charger?? Plz Help!?

ttMadtttt

Nov 2, 2008
I have a Toyota Corolla 1300cc Petrol Car.

In the past when when my car battery wouldnt start i use to charge it up with one of these...

http://www.452-engines.com/uploaded_images/41lowrEM8cL._SS500_-727321.jpg

dont have one of those anymore so i bought this one...

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/7402106/Trail/searchtext%3ECAR+CHARGER.htm

Now ive read the manual and it still doesnt make sense to someone who knows zilch about cars. ie: ME!

the way i worked the yellow one was i put the red clip on the positive and black on the negative and started my car up. WILL THIS CHARGER WORK THE SAME WAY??

im asking cuz the thing is soooo small and the actual clips are tiny compared to the one i use to use.

they are different...the first yellow one is a ''booster/starter charger'',the second one is simply a charger and hasn't got anywhere near the same starting power as the first one....
go to any car shop and ask them to check your alternator and battery..they will tell you if the battery cells are shafted and if the alto is charging the battery the way it should..

Hi,
your car battery shouldnt go flat, unless your leaving it with the lights on over night, or parked up with the lights on , orrr your not using it for months.
1. is your car battery old? if the battery is loosing charge then it could be that it is an old weak battry and needs replacement.
2. does your battery go flat every day or two- this could be a sign that your alternator is defective or that there is a wiring fault that is preventing your car from charging correctly. Some cars when the alternator fails two warning lights will stay on on the dash.

As for connecting up a charger.
1. make sure the vehicle is off and the charger is off.
2. set the charger settigns as per your manual- so that is is correct for the battery you wish to charge.
3. connect the positive (red) and then the negative (black)
4. removing the charger- switch it off first and then remove negative first and then positive last. ( this method avoids sparks and possible risk of injury.

The 1st n 2nd charger are diffrent
the first has a jump start feature where as the second one doesnt- its just a charger you leave on over night. Jump starting a battery often is not a good thing as i believe it can shorten the life of the battery.

Hi,
your car battery shouldnt go flat, unless your leaving it with the lights on over night, or parked up with the lights on , orrr your not using it for months.
1. is your car battery old? if the battery is loosing charge then it could be that it is an old weak battry and needs replacement.
2. does your battery go flat every day or two- this could be a sign that your alternator is defective or that there is a wiring fault that is preventing your car from charging correctly. Some cars when the alternator fails two warning lights will stay on on the dash.

As for connecting up a charger.
1. make sure the vehicle is off and the charger is off.
2. set the charger settigns as per your manual- so that is is correct for the battery you wish to charge.
3. connect the positive (red) and then the negative (black)
4. removing the charger- switch it off first and then remove negative first and then positive last. ( this method avoids sparks and possible risk of injury.

The 1st n 2nd charger are diffrent
the first has a jump start feature where as the second one doesnt- its just a charger you leave on over night. Jump starting a battery often is not a good thing as i believe it can shorten the life of the battery.

have your battery and alternator checked this is free from a car parts suppler then you will know what the problem is ,you should nt have to keep charging the battery

Back