Road Test Tips and questions...?

fayt

Sep 30, 2008
I have my second road test tomorrow. After failing my first road test, I felt so disappointed. I was confident with my driving and rules, yet my heart was pumping so hard at the same time. I was also thinking ahead of what will I do once I pass the test..but that got me failed. Now, doing my second try, I have become so nervous thinking negative thoughts, and my heart is beating so fast thinking about it. I know that breathing techniques work, but I don't want to show the instructor that I am nervous and trying to calm myself.
I pray that tomorrow doesn't snow, so there would be no snow banks on the way. My first question is regarding about STOP signs. You have to stop fully and for 3 sec. Now there are times when there's snow banks ( just like my 1st ) and I didn't know what to do. I stopped before the STOP sign and had crept slowly because I couldn't from the left and right view. Did I followed it right At my first road test, I was driving around 20-25mph ( 30 was the limit ) because of the road condition and was foreign to that place I took it. Does the instructor have the right to say that I was driving too slow even for my parallel parking? Although, I don't think I took long for my parallel parking (20sec). He told me not to park it perfectly, but to do it quickly because I might cause traffic. What is the time limit for parallel parking, if there's one? Anyhow, any more tips for road test?
The road was fully covered by snow, during my first road test. What if that happens tomorrow? I don't want to drive to 30 or 35. I hope it doesn't snow tomorrow.

There should not be a time limit on the parallel parking? when i took mine, we can go as slow as we wanted, just could not stop to check our progress (manueverability test) I got counted off for stopping at a stop sign, creeping up to see past a bush, and was told i didnt go up far enough for HIM to see lol....good luck on your test, hope the weather is decent, im in Ohio and know what its like!

Back